Friday, December 14, 2007

The Spiritual Art of Salvador Dali


If only I lived in New York City! If I did, I could visit the William Bennett Gallery which is showcasing the spiritual art of Salvador Dali. For the first time in it's entirety, the gallery will be showcasing Dali's Biblia Sacra, an illustrated Bible of sorts, complete with 105 original lithographs published in 1969. It is also showing a complete six-volume set, complete with 100 woodblock prints, of Dali's German edition of Dante's Divine Comedy.

As a personal side note, happy birthday to my father-in-law, John Skoor. He died in October of '06. It was at a Salvador Dali exhibit at the Tacoma Art Museum that I first met the man and I knew from then on we'd be good friends and, further, good family. I miss him a lot and think of him fondly every single day.

1 comment:

Fine art said...

I found a video of the Salvador Dali Biblia Sacra Suite, here is the link.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jv2xqyMItRc