Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tori Amos and Comic Books


Interesting news is coming forth from Undented. There's to be a series of comic books based on Tori Amos's songs.

From the site:

“Obviously, I’ll need to have a level of trust to turn these songs over to each writer,” Amos says. “With the unknown, there can be a feeling of reticence, but that in itself can be sexy.” More than 70 cartoonists have signed up so far.

Having been a fan of her work since her debut album, I'm officially intrigued. In college I wrote a lengthy essay about the symbolism in her song "Space Dog." The professor gave it an A and said, "You know you could make a whole thesis out of just this one song!" Though I wasn't in grad school I had thoughts of actually writing the thesis anyway just to prove to myself I could (yes, I'm a geek). You can watch Tori perform the song live here.

No comments: