Monday, July 07, 2008

Jon's Writing in Epitaphs Magazine


Epitaphs Magazine is a magazine for cemetery lovers and taphophiles. A taphophile? Someone who enjoys gravestones and the like. In the current issue I have written a story about the last days of Oscar Wilde.

I visited Paris in February and stumbled upon the place Oscar Wilde died. He died in a little room of cerebral meningitis in November of 1900.

"This wallpaper will be the death of me; one of us will have to go."
- Oscar Wilde, soon before his death.

He's now buried at Pere Lachaise, the biggest cemetery in Paris and, arguably, the most famous in the world. It's where Jim Morrison is buried, amongst many many others (Modigliani, Callas, Bernhardt, etc).

This was my first efforts for Epitaphs. I'm planning on writing more for them in the future. I hope to do a piece on Pere Lachaise as soon as I'm able.

No comments: