Wednesday, August 13, 2008

How To Be A Writer


Allegra Goodman, for the Boston Globe, quickly summarizes how to become a writer.

From the story...

WHEN PEOPLE hear that I'm a novelist, I get one comment more than any other. "I'm a physician (or a third-grade teacher, or a venture capitalist) but what I really want to do is write." A mother of three muses: "I've always loved writing since I was a little girl." A physicist declares, "I've got a great idea for a mystery-thriller-philosophical-love story - if I only had the time." I nod, resisting the temptation to reply: "And I have a great idea for a unified field theory - if I just had a moment to work it out on paper."

Book sales are down, but creative writing enrollments are booming. The longing to write knows no bounds. A lactation consultant told me, "I have a story inside of me. I mean, I know everybody has a story, but I really have a story."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Anne Gallagher and i would like to show you my personal experience with Allegra.

I have taken for 3 months. I am 43 years old. Forgot that last year my legs ached after taking Allegra, it wasn't until yesterday that I remembered that this same thing happened last year. I stopped Allegra 3 days ago and my aches are slowly starting to go away. My insurance denied Zyrtec. I don't know if they are the same, but I would never take Allegra again.

Side Effects :
Lower leg pain from the back of my knee to my ankle. Both legs ached and felt very stiff.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Anne Gallagher

Allegra Prescription Information