Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Give Love to the Loo!


Quite an intriguing story coming out of The Mainichi Daily News. It involves toilets...and poetry.

From said story...

It is estimated that an average Japanese person uses 55 rolls of toilet paper per year. Furthermore, the machine-made Japanese paper association states that an increase in the number of public washrooms has caused toilet paper shipments to rise 14 percent over the past decade.

The research center has created three "toilet poems" to be printed on A4-size stickers under the catch copy "Give love to the toilet," and will be put up in public restrooms. The poems include such verses as "That paper will meet you for but a moment," and "Fold the paper over and over and over and over again." The campaign is scheduled to begin in mid-February.


As a brief aside, I'm sad to note that Mayor Toilet has died.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

That Mayor Toilet story is awesome. In honor of him, I'm hanging a sign on the door of my bathroom at home. It will read: "Welcome to my Haewoojae. Have a good poo today." (Get it? "Woo jay." "Poo today." It rhymed. I kill me:))

Thanks for your ongoing posts about all such (fecal) matters.

Nick K said...

I'm stuck on the 55 rolls of toilet paper a year.... I wonder how many rolls I use a year.